Thursday, October 29, 2009

Photoshop and Mockups

Recently I purchased a bunch of paper that came close to the colors I wanted to do a trial run and get a feel for how these puppies are supposed to work (I'll post the photos as soon as I remember to take pictures). There were a few snaffoos that I came across through trying to use a ruler that doesn't have a good start line and using a cutting tool that doesn't like to cut thick material but overall I liked the design. The few problems I had were that the size of the font for the announcements, accomodations and RSVPs felt a little too large and the pocket fold looked a little too vacant in the pocket area. Without wanting to waste more paper I put together a design in photoshop to see if the design could be tweaked without going mad. So far I've decided to add in a map of the Las Vegas strip, decrease the width of the RSVP and came up with this:












































I think this is done in Agency FB 11pt for the names, but I forgot to save some of the text layers unmerged.
Edwardian Script ITC size 30pt for "Las Vegas Map"
Dimensions: 6.5 x 4.75

border on announcement: 6.75 x 4.875

Pocket Fold:
Dimensions:
13-1/8 x 7 right now
16-1/8 x 7 when it's all unfolded

creases at:
3" from top
3" from bottom
8" from bottom

Adding the map does make this feel more complete but I'm not too sure if I like the map design just yet. While I want to get as much information on the map as possible it feels a little too crowded. Another problem is that when you search for a map of the strip, no two maps are alike which in turn has made me go a little batty. Originally this map was in red but after some long hours of photoshop tweaking I eventually changed it to blue. Again, I'm not thrilled with how crowded this looks or how tiny the lables turned out but this is just a first draft. Maybe make it fold in half so I can stretch the image and make the font bigger? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment