Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bad GS Cookies!

Alright, so it's not just the Girl Scout cookies, but probably also the rum and Pepsi drinks I've been consuming that has contributed to my excess "happy" weight. Admittedly, I probably could have worked on getting in shape, eating better, having smaller meals and yadda yadda yadda, but somewhere I fell into a zone where all that didn't matter so much and I didn't really care. All of this leads up to my first fitting where I was rather embarrassed to find that my size 8 dress no longer fits as well as it did in March '09 and might need to be let out quite a bit to where I probably should have invested in a size 10 instead.

So even though I hated the idea of crash dieting, it sounds exactly what I'll be close to doing. Granted there will be no starving myself for the sake of being skinny, but more like I'll be cutting back on the size of my meals, eating apples instead of potato chips and whatnot to get back down from the 170 that I'm at now to the 150 I was then. The horrible part is that in all my stubbornness I'll probably try to bull-head my way into working out my body to force it into the desired shape. This does not mean that I'll be working out until I break or tear something, just that I'll most likely be working out until I'm an exhausted mess.

Hopefully with recognizing that I need some drastic changes to squeeze into my current dress this will get me to finally grab a hold of the mind set that I should have been in since January. The only problem with all of this is that I will severely miss my Captain.

No comments:

Post a Comment