Friday, May 28, 2010

Flowers

They have been decided on! Here's what I got:

For the Bridesmaids they will be carrying feather fans that I purchased off of eBay through cynthiasshope and I will also be getting them white alstromeria corsages to wear. I might try to get the feather fans to an airbrush artist to try and get a white to blue painted tips effect. The fans that I purchased are alright, but needed a little bit of picking to remove some of the stray pieces of colored fuzz and lint the was clinging to the fan. Overall the fans were a great purchase because the price of all five of these fans for my ladies was about equivalent to one bouquet at the Monte Carlo.















For the Groomsmen I thought we would keep it simple with a white alstromeria boutonniere like the one pictured in below and add some light blue belladonna (also called delphinium) to coordinate with the dresses the ladies will be wearing.















For the Mothers/Grandmothers present, I decided that they should get something special to feel included so I ordered white dendrobium orchid corsages for each of them. Hopefully the floral department gets them to look very close to this picture because it's very pretty.














For the Fathers/Grandfathers present just a simple ivory rose with rose leaves boutonniere for them. I didn't want them to feel like they were wearing almost a bouquet's worth of flowers on their chest so I'm keeping it simple and classy. I also requested that all the boutonnieres have that little curly-q on the end that this one does.













For the Groom, he gets a single ivory rose with greenery and white sweet peas added; simple and effective.

















For me, the Bride, I decided to go with a bunch of ivory roses with a bunch of white sweet peas and feathers added. I'll be able to bring in the feathers that I ordered from lamplight feathers as well as my own ribbon for the wrap that I bought on a 50% sale at Michaels.

No comments:

Post a Comment