Friday, May 14, 2010

Feather Fans!

Yes this is a bit odd but after talking to my Maid of Honor I decided to at least try this out. For quite some time I had been playing around with possibilities for bouquets and hadn't quite found something that gave me that "wow" factor without hurting our budget. While searching for feathers, because I was trying to figure out how to incorporate feathers into the bridesmaids bouquets, I stumbled upon these babies.














I was already going to try and get enough fans for all of our female attendants but this just looks like a fun idea for my gals. The best upside to this is the wedding venue wanted about $55 per bouquet; I got enough fans for all five of my girls at about the same price as one of those bouquets. Super save!

My hope is that these fans aren't as tacky as I think they might turn out and if they're fine I'll be looking into decorating them somehow. My Maid of Honor suggested going to a tattoo artist that also does airbrushing and have them do some airbrushing on the fans. I love that idea, I just don't 100% know what I'll be doing. The idea that I'm running with is to have the artist paint the tips of the fan light blue and have the fan look like it's dissolving from white at the base to the blue tips. She suggested having a flower airbrushed on to the fans but I'm having trouble envisioning this.

If this all doesn't turn out to my liking I can still use the fans I don't have experimental paint and whatnot all over for my mom, his mom and possibly my two grandmas.

Some close runners up were to have either white alstromeria or carnation bouquets, but if this works out we'll end up saving quite a bit of the budget for other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment