Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cake Num Num

We finally picked out a cake design! After months of perusing around the interweb I was able to narrow down the selection to a few cakes that my man and I could choose from. He eventually thought that this one was the one that should be our cake:























I did it one better (since I wanted chocolate buttercream frosting) and tweaked it in photoshop to look like this:


























The venue said that they would be able to do this! I was trying to keep things simple and was even a little worried about how complex was too complex but I'm thrilled that we didn't have to go through the whole design selection portion all over again. The majority of the cake will be in buttercream but the blue bands will be in fondant instead of ribbon for cutting purposes and the white scrolls will have a little bit of silver cake dust on the raised parts to add a little *pop* to them.

But the fun didn't stop there. Once we decided on how the cake would look like, we needed to figure out what would go inside. It took a bit of communication with the catering people to find out if they could do this but we'll be having two layers of chocolate cake with peanutbutter buttercream (yum!) and one layer of vanilla cake with raspberry buttercream. I have no idea what this will taste like, since they don't do cake testings there, but I can only hope that it will turn out to be what I'm thinking it will taste like.

No comments:

Post a Comment