Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Will You Be My Bridesmaid Cards

After wandering around the knot boards I decided to make formal cards for my prospective bridesmaids after seeing several brides that were making them for their own. The deal was sealed after I came across the phrase: "Will you be my bridesmaid? I promise not to make you wear an ugly dress" on several of them that made me laugh at the thought of picking out something truly ridiculous for my friends to wear. It started off simple by buying some cards from Michaels for $6.














I sat on these (no, not literally) for a month or two, all the while doodling, sketching and trying to come up with a layout. I finally threw the sucker into Publisher to get a layout or at least some idea of how I wanted this to line up. A while more had passed and still nothing... that is until I found some pens and paper on sale at Jo Anne Fabrics and was momentarily inspired to start doing something.
Outside:














Inside:












The names took me a long time and making three pink dresses in the style of Princess Peach (there's a story for that one) for each took me a while as well but all is not finished. I added on the text later but found that I had forgotten to plan for spacing when I originally started. Not wanting to start over, I decided to set the project aside for a bit to think about something that can be done to fix this.

After some more random doodling I decided I should add a bouquet of flowers to the inside under the text. At first I figured I would just draw out the bouquet, but after wandering through Paper Pals I became embarrassed of my creations thus far and decided that it needed more pop, pizazz or whatever to jazz it up and make it look more crafty. It took a while but I managed to find a paper punch for under $7.50 with tax on clearance at Michaels that had the exact design I wanted which I was glad to find since I was contemplating individually cutting out the suckers myself. It was a little tedious to punch enough to make a bouquet but I'm not completely sure if I'll leave the flowers white or spray/color a design on each of them or put a background behind it all. Something will be done but I'm still tinkering around with this.










As for the space above their names I'm contemplating putting a necklace there. I've looked around and found several pendants that I like, but it's deciding on what they like and what would look good on them that is the tricky part. It's down to four finalists:

Option #1
from:
http://cgi.ebay.com/13.5MM-STERLING-SILVER-SHINY-PLUMERIA-FLOWER-PENDANT_W0QQitem Z120439686855 QQcmdZViewItem



for $3.99 each with $3.95 s&h
this for the pendant only so I'll have to find a chain for it
it also goes off the market, or the seller has listed an end sell time for July 24th at 10:50am


Option #2
from:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ELEGANT-STERLING-SILVER-OPAL-PLUMERIA-FLOWER-PENDANT_W0QQitemZ 370202489893 QQcmdZViewItem


for $10.99 each with $1.95 s&h
also without a chain


Option #3
from:
http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=1124568






for $18.95 each with $2.95 s&h
this one does have a chain, so that is a bonus



Option #4
from:
http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Sterling-Silver-Created-White-Opal-Plumeria-Necklace/4118221/product.html?cid=123620&fp=F&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=12125657

for $16.95 each with $2.95 s&h
I like the chain on this one but I need to move on this quickly if I want it before it sells out.


Not entirely sure which one I'll pick but it should be sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment