Friday, January 15, 2010

Centerpieces - Purchasing

I'm still trying to pull my ideas together but so far I've purchased and received vases & mirrors for about 24 sets of centerpieces via the Trash to Treasure board on the knot. Some of them were broken because UPS is not gentile with packages no matter how well they are packed or if they say fragile or glass on the box, but for the most part I think I got them for quite a deal.

This is what the vases look like and what the original seller did with them:






















What I plan to do is have the same basic setup, but with "floating" candles in all three. After that I'm still debating on what to have under the candle. One idea is to have fake orchids and water floating in the tallest vase (still figuring out how this will work) with the water possibly dyed blue, rice in the medium vase and coffee beans in the smallest vase. I love the floating flowers look but I'm not sure if the other two vase ideas makes the centerpiece look thrown together instead of thought out.

I'm still working on mock-ups at this time and nothing has been finalized as of yet. So far I'm not sure if I'll hang on to the table number idea since the thought of having a seating chart makes me feel like I'm forcing people to sit where I want them to be instead of just letting things happen. Other things to come in due time but for now I'm concentrating on getting those damn invites done.

No comments:

Post a Comment