Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Teasing Myself

Along time ago (March) I bought my wedding dress with my Maid of Honor, Chey, who came along with me for the ride. I had scoured the internet and came across the David's Bridal website, perused their catalog, and went there prepared to try on a whole categorized list of dresses that had piqued my interest. Hours later we walked out with a dress. While I was mostly satisfied with my selection because I got it on super deep discount since they discontinued the pattern, I felt like it was a little lacking looking more like a high school prom dress and less like something that would make me look more mature, elegant, and worried that it made me look more like a child.

While I hope that this can be fixed by a few alterations, I also went roaming around on the internet and found the Casablanca line rather appealing, particularly their 1945 dress. I looked up the local stores that carried this style and held off rushing to find and try on this dress. Last weekend I was able to go to a store that had this dress and decided to tease myself by trying it on and sneaking a peak at the sales tag.




















































Honestly, I really, really like this dress and all the little embellishments but can't justify purchasing it for $830 since I already have a dress. It's not like I don't think it's a good price, I just can't afford to make such a purchase on my income. So, after much arguing with myself I decided it would be best if I promptly left before I bought it on impulse.

When I got back home I showed my fiancee the pictures I took and what my dilemma was. He said that if it makes me happy then I should purchase it; damn I love this man. After talking it over with him I finally decided and explained to him that IF I get the job that I applied for that significantly increases my income, then I'll think more seriously about going and trying it on again to purchase and I'd need him to be there with me for critiquing. For now, I can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment